1. Cook some pasta
2. Cook some chicken
3. Cook some mushrooms with garlic, In this case add some chopped hot peppers. She calls for hot cherry peppers but I had a jar of peppadew so I used some of them.
4. Deglaze the pan with a little dry white wine. The stuff you are drinking while you cook but from the bottle please not your glass.
5. Add some of the starchy water from the pasta to make it saucy then mix in the drained pasta, and cooked chicken; garnish with grated Parmesan cheese and flat leaf parsley. Done.
The thing about this recipe is that it has 4 parts: pasta, meat, vegetable, pan sauce. You almost cook them separately so if you don’t like or don’t have mushrooms/hot peppers then you could cook up any vegetables you want/have, right?
- spinach and onions
- squash and rosemary
- broccoli and red pepper flakes
- asparagus and basil
- cauliflower and bacon
- tomatoes and olives
- artichoke hearts and walnuts
Many of these combos I have never tried, at least not specifically in a chicken/pasta dish like this. I guess I will have to try them now that I put it out there and not expect others to do if for me :)
For the salad I made a cherry balsamic dressing. I saw some at the store but I refuse to buy salad dressing in a bottle so I just bought some 100% tart cherry juice to add to a balsamic vinaigrette. I can find grocery store balsamic vinegar a little harsh and overpowering usually, so I liked the addition of cherry which made it a little sweeter and mellower.