Lamb chops with mint, pecans, feta and parsley. Yum. Although my apartment did smell like lamb for days. It was Mireille’s cauliflower gratin I loved, though.
- simmer cauliflower in skim milk with a little salt until tender
- put in a buttered casserole
- mix 1/2 cup of the milk with 1 egg, beat it up a little and pour over the cauliflower
- sprinkle over 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (I used some very yummy Jarlsburg), some dots of butter and some salt and pepper
- I also added some panko and parm. the recipe calls for you to put it under the broiler. I put mine in the oven and let the cheese melt and brown.
So easy, so delicious…and there isn’t really that much butter or cheese so I don’t feel bad about the gratin part.