Well, I am making myself a new promise, every time I think I might not be measuring up to someone’s unrealistic expectations, that I am somehow just way too boring; Then I will remember this simple grilled chicken salad and how very perfect and satisfying it was even without…..2 kids, 3 pets, 4 hobbies, 6 outdoor sports obsessions, a passport full of stamps, 12 hot friends who like to go clubbing every weekend, 3 charities you volunteer for on a regular basis, and owning and running a small business!! ugh!
okay. stop. breath.
(quiet)……grilled chicken. beans. arugula. lemon and basil. a glass of cheap red wine. the soothing sounds of cicadas and traffic on a summer night. (sigh) better.
1) Whisk together:
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
2) Pour 1/3 of this on the chicken:
- 4 chicken breasts
3) Grill the chicken
4) Combine the beans and the arugula, add dressing, top with slices of the grilled chicken
- 1 can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- some baby arugula (also called rocket)
5) Make sure you have a glass of cheap red wine to go with it.